[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he whole ‘word for 2017’ thing is something that I’ve seen a lot of over the last two weeks. Instead of making a load of awkward, impossible resolutions, the idea is that you give yourself one word to focus on throughout the year, in everything you do.
Now, I’m not normally one for things like this. I like to be practical and have set goals and plans, and not reliant on a concept or theory to make me happy. This whole word of the year thing really isn’t my jam – or so I thought.
This year the posts about everyone’s excellent words have really inspired me to think of my own little word that I can just think of when moving forward.
So I sat down and had a little think about all the things I wanted to get done in 2017. All the day to day stuff like living healthily and happily, all the harder stuff like getting myself a good degree and thinking about the future. Everything led back to success, both personal, academic or professional. This is when I thought of it.
This year I want to shine.
1. to give forth or glow with light; shed or cast light.
2. to be bright with reflected light; glisten; sparkle.
3. (of light) to appear brightly or strongly, especially uncomfortably so.
4. to be or appear unusually animated or bright, as the eyes or face.
5. to appear with brightness or clearness, as feelings.
6. to excel or be conspicuous.