A recipe that I’m especially proud of, not least because it looks and tastes incredible, is my vegan pancake recipe.
You may have seen these pancakes in my Sunday Post all about them!
Not only are these pancakes so light and fluffy and delicious, I even believe that they are even better than pancakes that contain ingredients like milk and eggs!
(No, I’m not just saying that because I’m trying to force a plant-based lifestyle on you – they genuinely are incredible pancakes)
These thick, American style pancakes taste great with any number of toppings. Here I’ve gone for some syrup, kiwi slices, and coconut flakes, to give a tropical feel to this cold and blustery March day!
I’ve also been lucky enough to taste them with melted vegan chocolate and they were absolutely heavenly!
So here we go, my gorgeous vegan pancake recipe:
Prep/Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Servings: 2-3 (depending on how much pancake you can eat)
1 cup flour (whatever flour suits you best – so easy to make these GF)
1 tablespoon sugar (again, whichever sugar you prefer)
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt (just a pinch)
1 cup soymilk (or, again, whatever milk floats your boat)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
I’m not going to bore you with fancy ‘how to make pancakes’ steps as it really is super easy!
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Slowly whisk in the milk and oil ’til smooth
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and grease with whatever you choose (I use a spray of light oil, but vegan spread or normal cooking oil works perfectly!
- Spoon your mixture into the pan forming round circles
- When the mixture starts to bubble, flip them over!
- Give them a few seconds to brown on the other side before placing on a plate
- Repeat until all your mixture is gone!
- Top them in whatever wonderful and fancy way you choose!
And there we go! Beautiful, perfect, fluffy pancakes all warm and ready for your breakfast/brunch/anytime!
I guarantee that you’ll never go back to egg/milk-based pancakes again!