[dropcap]O[/dropcap]nce again, here I am writing a blog post instead of doing some work. This time it’s my dissertation that’s being put on the back burner. You’ll remember that post about how I was meant to be writing an essay, as well as literally every other post on this site because, well, let’s face it. Everything I do is as procrastination from something else. This little method has got way out of hand. Whoopsie.
That said, unlike that last post, my diss isn’t due for another two and a bit weeks, and I’ve actually already written about half of it, and I actually like the topic of my diss, so all is probably alright.
I also have absolutely nothing other than my diss to do in that time. No lectures, only one or two people even up in Durham with me so socialising is a bare minimum, and I’m living off microwave food so… yeah. It’ll be fine.
There are, however, a number of things I’d rather be doing that this massive essay, and I’ve managed to procrasti-blog just long enough to write down 20 of them.
- At the pub with a pint of cold diet coke, or maybe an elderflower Kopparberg. Oooo with some chips too! Just hanging out in the sun, with my shades on, with my pals. Not a care in the world.
- Disneyland. Do I even need to explain?
- Paris in general. Maybe Disney can be a day trip. Damn, Paris was fab. No work at all, an exam that I didn’t have to revise for, everything a gal could want.
- At the beach! Again, no need to explain.
- In bed with a Pixar film, a massive mug of tea, pjs and my phone to scroll instagram continuously. Maybe with Ollie (someone has to make the tea).
- Ah man, a nice hot bath! Granted, I have a bath and can have one whenever, but I wish I was there right now.
- Reading a book that isn’t about witchcraft, drugs, medicine or general misogyny. Unless it’s Harry Potter…
- Brunch. Brunch every day. With Bucks Fizz and eggs and pancakes and no time constraints or things to get back to.
- Throwback to Marrakech. Let’s go there. Now.
- In a bluebell wood. Granted it might still be a little early, but this is all hypothetical so whatever. A gal can dream.
- Walking along the South Bank with Ollie in the sunshine, dodging tourists.
- Baking a camembert with rosemary and garlic and friends and sunshine and rainbows and love.
- At the cinema, seeing all the films I’ve missed in the last year because a) Durham doesn’t really have a cinema, and b) I haven’t had time or money to go sit in a dark room for hours.
- Exploring a European capital that I’ve never been to. I’ve never been to Spain in general, so maybe let’s start with Madrid.
- In an ice-cream parlour with a massive raspberry ripple sundae.
- I mean, blogging. I’d rather be blogging. Like… this.
- Picnicking down by the river with sandwiches and prosecco and whatever.
- Having my hair and/or nails done because there’s nothing better than a head massage and fuss-free nails. Gels 4 ever.
- Afternoon tea. An event scheduled specifically for the middle of the afternoon. What luxury!
- Literally anything but my dissertation. Anything.