[left][/left][right] [dropcap]T[/dropcap]here’s so much to be said for being happy. I mean, sure I love to complain as much as the next Brit, but honestly there’s nothing like just being content. However, this is, most of the time, something pretty hard to achieve. Things go wrong around us all the time and sometimes it feels like we can never catch a break. Well, time to change that.
Time to think of 15 or so little things that are making me happy right this second, despite all the bad in the world.
1. Right this second, as this post goes live, I’m in a sweet hotel room getting some well needed beauty sleep before my second day at BESTIVALLLLL! I won two tickets from the lovely people over at Bloom & Wild for featuring some of their gorgeous flowers. So grateful and so excited!
2. I’m a big fan of my hair at the moment. No particular reason why, just digging it.
3. It’s my BIRTHDAY in like a week. I’m going to be the ripe old age of 23 on 18th September – put it in your calendar.[/right]
4. My wardrobe has become really colourful lately and I like it a lot.
5. Mom jeans. Mom jeans everywhere. Why have I never bought into this before? So comfy and so cool and damn. Where have I been living all these years?
6. I’ve been really enjoying using the REN primer I wrote about the other day, which is saying something for a product that was sent to me for review. I genuinely love wearing it.
7. The weather has cooled down just enough for it to be okay to wear clothes that I feel comfortable in and I’m in love. Bring on coat season!
8. I had the pleasure of hosting my two best friends in the whole world for a few days and I was so sad to see them go. They looked after me in Paris and I was so so excited to show them London. I hope they had as good a time as I did.
9. Everything seems to be coming together a little more for my masters next month, so that’s cool. I can’t wait to get back to Durham and see some friends and write some long boring essays about the church.
10. I had a really nice chat with the Hermes delivery lady the other day and it made me really happy for some reason. Maybe because the men at reception misgendered her so horribly and it made me really angry. Anyway, she had just been to France for two weeks and we all know how much I love France.
11. Have you ever eaten at Flat Iron Square? You should. It’s perfect. I had an amazing ramen, and the other food stalls looked amazing too.
12. Next weekend I’m going to see Book Of Mormon for the second time and I’ve been humming the songs to myself non-stop.
13. ALSO I’m having a little birthday brunch with some friends I haven’t seen in forever so that should be really cute too.
14. Is it just me or are slogan tees having a bit of a renaissance with genuinely okay slogans? Like, slogan tees actually worth buying because they’re actually quite nice?! It’s a miracle and I’m slowly becoming more and more obsessed.
15. The response to my post about Embracing Me has been absolutely overwhelming. Honestly, I’m so moved by how many people have commented and shared it and sent me messages to say how much they empathise. It’s so exciting that something I wrote has been received so well by so many people!