I don’t want to be a debbie downer, but I’m pretty sure I’ll never be one of those ‘big bloggers’ everyone is always going off about. I’m currently knee deep in uni work, and when I’m done with that I imagine (lol touch wood) that I’ll be knee deep in full time work. I’m terrible at the whole ‘engaging with other bloggers’ thing. My brand collabs come in and out like the tide. Basically, I’m just finding my way blindly and hoping you guys like it.
Don’t worry, I’m not being down on myself. Blogging isn’t my priority at the moment and that’s okay. I’m not a full time blogger, nor am I anywhere near becoming one. I’m just being pragmatic, as usual.
The line between realism and pessimism is pretty fine, isn’t it?
Anyway, if you want specifics, here are 15 reasons why I won’t be making the jump to pro any gosh darn time soon.
- I cannot afford to eat at Selfridges every day, even if the restaurant looks like heaven on earth and would look bomb on my instagram.
- I don’t have a tribe of blogging pals, save for one or two, that I brunch with on the reg and hang out with 24/7
- My legs only go up to here…
- I only ever wear jumpers and jeans because I’m a lazy student in a small town and I also can’t afford to raid asos every day?!
- Quite honestly, at the moment I just don’t care enough. I have bigger, more important shit to deal with and that’s okay. One day it’ll be different, but for now other stuff comes first.
- I’ll never ever be able to find time to get a million posts out a week – I can barely manage one at the moment. I’m lucky if I schedule for the next day, let alone a month in advance!
- Sometimes the same photo of the particularly light part of your room, with the same mirror tray and print, just isn’t enough. I’m sorry lads, I have nothing else to offer you. Want to see my washing on the dryer in the corner instead?
- My photographer and boyfriend are one and the same, and I get to spend time with him about once a month on average. The last thing I want to do when I’m with him is make him take a million photos of me everyday for a week. It also means that there’s a lot of shouting but that’s another story for another day.
- I’m never in to get my post and that’s a pain. An easy one, but annoying. Can’t open that blogger mail if it’s at the depot for another week, am I right?
- Coachella. I mean really? Catch me at Reading 2012, or not at all.*
- My lightroom presets are great but they’re not THAT glowy, warm yet cool, makes everything sparkle kind of good.
- I don’t own a DSLR and unless I win the lottery in the near future, it won’t be happening for a while. Catch me with my Olympus like the basic blog gal that I am.
- My skin and my teeth and my body and my roots and everything else tbh. Not bitter at all. No way.
- I live in a student flat with magnolia walls that I can’t do anything about. My furniture is all dark brown and black. My carpet it brown. Nice and
- I spend most of my time in the North East and its beautiful but everyone knows the hype is in London because brands like London. Why can’t we have more brand stuff up here?!!
*This is such a lie ’cause I went to Bestival last year with a brand and that was SICK but also I wore black skinny jeans and wellies every day, not a fancy boho crochet dress.
I think most of all, the reason I’ll never be a big blogger is that I’m too held back by my own worries and insecurities. Most of those things up there aren’t issues. Most of the things that worry me are just in my head. Not all of them, granted, but a lot of them.
Blogging is a wild ride, isn’t it? x
[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3108047″] 0