I’ve been feeling a little down lately and it’s really annoying.
I’m really annoyed at myself for a million reasons. I’ve been eating like an absolute monster, my grades have been terrible lately, I’ve been ill twice in just over two weeks – do I need to go on?
Basically, I think things are getting to me. My immune system is going to shit and I’m exhausted. Luckily my week off is very very soon so things are on the up. Just have to get through the next week/two weeks.
I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. For some reason I just can’t do anything properly or well, and am suffering because of it.
But I know that this isn’t me, and this isn’t what my life is normally like, so it’s cool. It really is.
Here are 1o reasons why, really, everything is pretty great.
- I live in Paris and not many (apart from the people who, y’know, live in Paris too) can say that they do or have or ever will. I, aged 21, live alone in one of the world’s most beautiful cities and am thriving and to be honest, that’s awesome. It never gets old.
- I am healthy. I mean, aside from the constant stream of average-to-meh illness (currently a cold). I am healthy and can do the things I want to do and can live the live I want to live without being held back by society and the things outside of my control, and that’s something to be grateful for.
- I have friends and they’re fab and I’m happy. I see my friends daily and enjoy each minute with them and I’m so happy. If you remember this post from almost a year ago (wow!) you’ll know how worried I was about making friends in Paris so I’m super proud of myself.
- I don’t have to worry about money. This is kinda nice, I’ll be honest. I’m incredibly lucky to receive the money I do from whichever sources, and can live my life without worrying about my next rent payment or food – at least for the moment.
- I’m really bloody clever. Real talk. I won’t even try to pass this off by being all humble about it because I’m really clever and I think more women should own their intelligence and make as bigger deal of it as they possibly can. You’re awesome.
- I have access to fresh flowers literally every day of the week, all year round. That’s something to be grateful for. Flowers are beautiful and make any day better.
- My French has really improved, despite some pretty shocking test results, and I’m thrilled. I’m so much more confident outside lessons and so much happier exploring Paris without worrying about what the next thing I’m going to say it. I’m happy and relaxed.
- I am, weirdly enough, grateful for good skincare and my relatively easy skin. Those teenage-style skincare brands actually are my skin’s best friend and solve all and any problems I might have and I’m so grateful for that. Sad, but true.
- The sun has been out so much lately and it’s making me so so happy. I suffer from pretty mild SAD and the sunshine and warmth has been doing wonders for me. I can’t wait for Spring to really kick off and put a smile permanently on my face.
- My blog is thriving. I hit a blank page a little while ago and rather than let it get to me, I just relaxed. I’m less obsessed with getting mediocre posts out, on schedule, and happier to just go with the flow. It’s worked a treat and I’m in a really good place, both on the blog and all social media.
What are you grateful for at the moment?
What has been making you happy lately?